- Passionate - We take pride in what we do
- Collaborative - We think about the team first
- Customer Focused - We are empathetic and respectful
- Curious - We desire to learn and do better
- Agile - We are able to move quickly and easily
Senior Systems Engineer
Are you a passionate Systems Administrator/Architect or Platform Engineer looking for a new challenge? Do you have laser focus to provide the best products and services that will ensure an awesome customer experience? Are you naturally curious and a team player? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you! We are looking for an experienced individual ready to join the rest of the Infrastructure, Networking, and Systems Teams to continually improve upon our existing infrastructure and to keep us at peak performance and reliability. This position will also diagnose and fix complex hardware, software, and system issues as well as take points on both implementation and R&D projects.Apply for opening
Employment Type: Full-time
Web Space Kit Is a premier high performance hosting company designed for fast performance for Indian Clients. We are currently seeking an experienced Systems Engineer experienced in Linux-based infrastructure who can help us further develop our platforms and products as we continue to grow! At WSK, our Core Values guide the work that we do. You might fit in well here if these values describe you:
Skills & Qualifications:
- 8+ years Linux system administration experience including installation, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Advanced experience in automation and a strong desire to manage systems at scale in a consistent and reliable manner.
- Advanced-to-expert knowledge securing and configuring public-facing Linux servers and services.
- Experience with configuration management systems and the ability to write new modules and modify existing ones.
- Excellent understanding of web server software, HTML, PHP, and the ability to troubleshoot advanced errors.
- Expertise working in an Agile environment.
- Proficient in at least one programming language (preferably Python) and code versioning tools such as Git (preferably in conjunction with GitLab).
- Strong problem-solving attitude.
- Ability to work on your own or as a team in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- A positive attitude and eagerness to share!
- Experience with web hosting software such as cPanel, Plesk, WHMCS, and Kayako.
Good to Have
- Collaborate with a great team of helpful and like-minded people designing and implementing infrastructure to improve existing services or build out new locations from the ground up.
- Learn new things and help determine the business value for new technologies and products.
- Maintain and improve service quality and reliability across our complex set of services.
- Share your knowledge and experience with both high- and low-level folks to increase the strength and collaboration of our teams.
- Troubleshoot production issues and coordinate with the Systems, Networking, and Support teams.
- Help the team establish and refine policies and processes to provide top-notch services and help Support provide top-notch support.
- Standardize, optimize, and automate our infrastructure for maximum performance and stability.
- Create new tools and improve existing ones to help automate tasks for our Systems and Support teams.
- Document configuration standards, troubleshooting steps, and platform designs.
- Conduct systems reviews for security, performance, and availability.
Ready to get started?
Sign up for our WordPress Course today!